Thursday, June 3, 2010

Kissaluvs contour hybrid diaper review

so it's been awhile since I have done a product review.

When I first found out that I was pregnant with Bebe # 4, I decided I wanted to get one size diapers so that I could use the same diapers for both babies and have everything the same.

As most of you know(if you know me) I try to buy local when I can, which is originally what drew me to Kissaluvs Cloth Diapers. I used the old school Kissaluvs with Lexi and had some contours with Cyrus that were bought for me by the wonderful Brandi Nippert and Gabe Ohlson. I just didn't upsize when he grew out ofthem. Well about 5 months ago I noticed the new product on the website and HAD to have them. I loved that they have the option to use your own closure system but the legs are elasticized to hold in messy poops. I also liked the one size option since I will have multiple kids at different ages in diapers. So I finallybought some last week- and this is what I think of them.

THey are SUPER soft like the other kissaluvs diapers. There is a sewn in doubler that is a little bit long so that you can fold it under for extra protection. I really like that. The doubler is also only sewn in at the back of the diapers instead of all the way down the middle which makes for extra dry time.

It has extra long wings on the side to wrap around and use your own closure system with. I like to use snappis because I can maneuver them quickly with a wiggly baby, so that is a plus for me. THey do have some stretchiness to them so you can get a snug fit and avoid leaks.

the gussets are great at the legs. I have had 4 poopies that would have been oozing out the sides of my prefolds and probably even a disposable, but I didn't have that problem.

They make for a super trim fit and takes away alot of the bulkiness you see with cloth diapers.

My only issue..... I can't say that it qualifies to be a one size diaper which was a main attraction for me. The rise is just too short for my son. I am still able to use them for him, but it's a bit of a squeeze, which is okay since the fabric is so soft, but we won't be able to use them for him much longer. If the front top of the diaper was as long as the doubler, it would be perfect.

So all in all, for 10.95 per diaper I think it's a great deal, a great product, and hopefully Kissaluvs will come out with a toddler size for the Contour hybrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment