Wednesday, June 2, 2010

what is this? OH! My neglected Blog!

Haha, so yeah it's been awhile. Things have been very high stress and chaotic around here the last few months and finally things are settling back into their places as they should be. I forget aboutmy blog sometimes, maybe because I don't have that many followers yet but alsobecause I have 3 kids with one on the way and it just makes things busy. The summer is approaching. Our Homeschool activities are at this point based more on fun learning. Not so much academic stuff, but as most of us know, the academics really do come naturally. Skylar taught herself to read this year (with help of course but she really did most of it on her own!)

Lexi's allergies have started getting really bad again. her breakouts seem to be getting more frequent, but we have still been able to keep it under control. I think there really is a link between her allergies and the heat. I think she is very sensitive to her own sweat because that seems to be when she breaks out the worst. So hopefully we can make it through the summer without any trips to the ER!

Cyrus is 14 months old now. He is SUCH a sweet baby! He is very affectionate, and explorative, and INTO EVERYTHING!!!! I really love the way he interacts with babies that are smaller than him, (aside from the eyegrabbing thing) it makes me confident that he will adjust well to the new little one on it's way.

AND THE LITTLE JUMPING BEAN- ahhh this pregnancy is truly flying by me. I am 28 weekson friday which equals 7 months. I am finally starting to really feel connected with this baby which I didn't feel for awhile at first. The excitement is starting to mount, I have been nesting like crazy and trying to get things set up now, so that I can just enjoy the rest of this pregnancy and the summer with my kids without having to worry about too much.

Alex is about to start another session in school. he is about 8 months away from graduating. He is making all As and Bs. He is working so hard to finish up, and keeping up his 40 hours at Baylor. He is the rock in this household.

I am have alot of new developments going on for me. I am currently trying to finish up all of my course work to be a workshop facilitator for "she births", a class that focuses more on the nonphysical aspects of labor and childbirth. It is about telling the truth about birth and includes touching on the spiritual subject of mother and baby bonding, and the connection they have while the bebe is in utero, as well as the emotional journey we take as mothers and what s means to cross that threshhold. Once I finish that up,I willstart holding workshops.

I am also doing some work with Kissaluvs cloth diapers. I am really excited about that!

I have also taken ownership of the UCHOUSTON yahoogroup and I am very committed to getting this group active again so that other women in houston seeking support for unassisted childbirth, have a place to go.

I have recently become a part of a group called 13for5, which is a project started by the Trust Birth Initiative, in which 13 women commit to spread the TRUTH about birth over the span of 5 years. weare just getting started and I am not completely sure what all this group will entail, but at the end of it there is supposedto be a documentary and it is supposed tobe a pretty big deal.

So now, I am also committing to staying updatedon this blog including "birth truths", family activities, our journey as we prepare for the entrance of our new addition, and new baby and natural parent product reviews. I hope to spread awareness aboutnatural parenting, natural childbirth, unassisted childbirth, and breastfeeding.

I do hope to be working with laboring moms again eventually, but right now I am focusing on the other ways I can reach these women while I am raising our small children. I hope our friends and family enjoy keeping up with usthis way!

No comments:

Post a Comment