Monday, April 23, 2012

The change of the seasons

Gosh I can't believe I haven't blogged since August of last year!  So much has happened!  It's like life finally decided to get up and take off!  We have been so busy and have had so much going on, it's almost unbelievable!  Being back in the city has really made a positive impact on our family.  I love being close to everything and I LOVE being a part of the Doula community again!  I've been going on births and making alot of new Doula friends and it has been great!  I also started the progran at the Institute for integrative nutrition.  I am about half way through and when I am done I will be on the Board of Drugless Practitioners!  I am also working at a wellness center here in Houston as a Colon Therapist.  I had wanted to do the Colon Therapy program for many years.  I finally got the oppurtunity to go and I am really enjoying that part of my job.  Alex is finishing up his degree and he is also about to start a personal training certification.  He is still working hard at Baylor every day.  I am lucky to have such an awesome person standing by my side. 

I am also adopting a new business from a very dear friend and a mentor to me.  Marcie Macari is passing her creation, Bloomin' Belly Soaps to me.  The transition is still currently in progress as we are working out the last bit of financial arrangements and hopefully, by the end of this week, it will all be done, and set in place, and I will start planning the Relaunch of BBS  here in Houston! I have been in love with these little mamas since I was pregnant with Cyrus!  I am so excited to be the new Mama of this business. 

I am still working on all the promo materials, logos, websites, etc but soon I am hoping to have all of my websites integrated together.

The kids have been going a little stir crazy.  The only thing that has been a big blow to our family lately is that we haven't had a running vehicle since 2 days after christmas.  it's been 4 full months of getting rides from friends (which isn't easy when you are a family of 6)  and using the public transportation system.  The bus is a Pain in the booty but we have learned the system well and we are thankful it has been available.  I would never have thought that I would have survived 4 months without a car but we have made it.  (painstakingly so lol)

SO needless to say the kids are ready to get back to our regular routines (especially since I am working evenings now after working daytimes and paying for a nanny for 6 months) and start visiting some of our buddies more frequently.  They have really been little troopers though, and have been positive about the experience (most of the time).

I am wanting to stay more active on my blogs.  I am keeping this one more as a personal memoir and I am happy for people to read it, but it doesn't hurt my feelings that I don't have alot of followers.  I will however be keeping my business related posts on my website.  This whole Social media thing is finally sinking in and I have realized that I have to really kick ass if I want to make a difference in the sea of small businesses. 

so my intention is to create at least 1 personal blog a week, wether it is about my family, or my job, or just a pissed off personal rant, I don't care, I am just committed to writing SOMETHING!  It's been 9 months since I blogged last!  I could have gone through a whole pregnancy in that amount of time (though thankfully I am done.....  at least for awhile *though if you ask my hubby he says forever*)

No comments:

Post a Comment