Tuesday, March 31, 2009

11 days.. are we still in counting?

Yes yes I believe we are. so my water finally broke broke yesterday around 5 pm. It started leaking the day before my due date and the last few days had seemed like it sealed bacck up. Then Yesterday while I was sitting on the bed I felt this really strange bubbling sensation and then felt like I peed my pants. The break is high because everytime it gushes, I can feel it bubbling from the top all the way down my stomach right before it comes out.

I had some serious contractions yesterday. I sent my kids off again because I was pretty sure this was it since my water had broken and my contractions were getting pretty strong. We sent our kids off again. I labored pretty hard. By 11 I had to go into the bedroom because the TV was just too much for my senses. I was very much having to focus through the contractions, and laid down and rested for a couple hours just trying to meditate through them. Then at some point, I guess someone hit the off button because I once again fell asleep and the contractions slowed down tremendously. Like my body just said, that's it for today.

I did still contract some throughout the night because I woke up to some of them and when I got up at 4, I had bloody show that I didn't before laying down. Then throughout the morning today I have lost my mucous plug, so even just the few I've had today have done something. I am just a lady in waiting right now. Thank god my husband is so patient. he has been amazing through all of this. Always reminding me that this birth is not about centimeters and percentages. I am lucky to have him by my side for this journey. I think alot of husbands would really be questioning the situation (god knows his brother and his mother are) and he just stands unfaltering that birth is a process and sometimes that process is long but it doesn't mean I am not capable.

I have tried so hard to be peaceful. I can still easily channel that peaceful feeling, but it is also so easy to feel almost like I am stir crazy. All of the logical answers make sense. I know them all. I am familiar with birth and everything that is happening makes sense... but man it is so easy to just let my emotions take over and I want to throw myself to the floor and pound it with my fists and cry and throw a big fat temper tantrum. But that won't really help anything either will it?

well, adieu for now. Hopefully a big update coming soon! (hopefully not like 9 or 10 pounds big tho)

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say once again that you're amazing!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete