Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Earth Birth Mom

I changed my email to this just recently. It is very interesting to me that I chose this particular name at that time because in my recent soul searching and studies, I have realized something interesting about myself.

I have always considered myself very earthy and granolaish. I was called a hippy in high school like it was a bad thing and loved it. So I chose my earthy moniker I felt like it suited me well. I'm earthy, I am a birthing being and love being surrounded by it, and I'm a mom. Turns out I'm not as earthy as I thought.

I have been getting connected with the elements and how they are associated with birth. What I realized, is that I felt much more connected to the other 3 elements and how I associated the parts of my personality with each one was alot easier to understand.

Now how did I connect to earth? It was hard for me to think of that. So I have recently really thinking about Earth and how I am connected to it and what that means. Here is what I've decided.

Earth is the most important element of the 4. It holds all the others. Water is found underground or in oceans and lakes. Fire would not burn outside our atmosphere. The air is all around us everywhere on Earth. On top of all of that, it gives us soil to grow trees and food to nourish the ecosystems we all live in. That is where I come to my point.

Life. I live life, I give life, I am life. The earth gives me the capacity to live and birth and die. That is how I am connected with the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment